Understand, predict, monitor and use water resources sustainably!
The aim of the training is to offer state-of-the-art knowledge in earth observation and geo-informational sciences for understanding, predicting, monitoring and sustainable use of water resources. Participants will also learn how to apply satellite remote sensing to the water monitoring process and how to assess and optimize water consumption on the example of the Netherlands.
- The main principles of water purification systems
- Numerical modeling of surface water. Urban flood modeling
- Application of satellite remote sensing in water resource management
- Underground waters: indicators and modeling
- Complex water resource assessment incl. surface waters
- Optimization of water consumption in urban and rural areas
- Flood management and monitoring
- Water management in the Netherlands